Look at the big picture and the situation in general. Is this issue really worth your time and energy?
- If it is, then choose to be assertive because this issue matters to you.
- You could try to take a problem-solving approach to this tough conversation.
- Being assertive means recognizing the other person’s point of view and coming up with a solution that doesn’t compromise your limits
- Try to see the other person as a friend – you’re trying to get a win:win solution, not a win:lose.
- But if this isn’t a big deal, then don’t make it a big deal.
- You could agree to disagree. It’s okay to have a different point of view. It doesn’t mean that the other person is wrong. They just have a different perspective.
How do you use this Communication Strategy?